Sunday 28 December 2008

The Ex Files.

Its a little bit embarrassing when your in a club and you bump into your fella's Ex without realizing! Well thats what this weekend brought for me!! There were about 5 or 6 ladies in this group that walked past me and then turned round to look again and grace me with a black look! Thankyou very much!! I only realized after they went onto the dancefloor that I recognized one in the group and realized that the one that fit his description was his Ex. 


It didn't bother me much. I mean it was a little unpleasant but then it was bound to happen one day??!! She is barred from every club at the top end of town, because he is well respected by the lads and has worked most of the doors in that area. She has been spreading all sorts of nonsense about him, telling "her side of the story" as she puts it. Silly things like, he dumped me, he cheated on me with flings, he was possessive, etc etc. So she is barred, and quite obviously not very happy about it. But she managed to get into this particular club because there were new lads on that didn't know. I love this club, its one of my favourite venues (my lad works here one night a weekend) I always come here with the girls and we love it. The doorteam are lovely and always say hi, have a laugh and it makes you feel comfortable knowing that if anything kicks off then they are there. I enjoyed my night none the less and went onto another club to dance the hours away.

It makes you think though. They were together for 2 years on and off and then she wanted more and to settle and he didn't. She seems a nice girl, apart from the spreading rumours bits. My fella told me that her and her mates used to come out into town, come into the bars/clubs he worked in then go elsewhere and come back to the bars/clubs and wait for him to finish. I was shocked a little at this. We chatted about it in the beginning and I thought it was a little intrusive to go to his workplace and wait for him there. He always used to come and say hello to me if I was out before I started seeing him. But I wouldn't ever think it okay to go to his bar/club and sit there waiting for him to clock off. So he texts when he has done and finds out what I want to do, if I am dancing, drinking still, or hungry etc etc. Then we meet. But from what he tells me, he likes to chill with the other doorlads and wind down a bit. He goes onto this hangout with the rest of them til the early hours which is fine by me, he has his space, I have mine. 

Usually the things you find out about Ex's might make you jealous or insecure even. The things I have found out about a lot of his Ex's just shock me! I actually feel quite respectful and modest compared !! We have an understanding and as far as I can tell its a good one. There is a little tiny part of me that gets a little "miffed" when I am in a club and I am dancing and I catch him stood working and a pretty girl walks past, and he gives her a cheeky grin. I dont know why really. Maybe its because he gives me the same cheeky grin and I wish it was only me that made him do that?? Maybe I wonder what he does when i am not there? Maybe its just my Green Eyed Monster trying to peek out.

But one thing is for sure, I have to trust him. Even if my GEM does try and sneak a peek I have to remind myself that he is with me and whatever happens at work is just work. Its what happens outside of the night scene that counts. Its the random texts he sends when I walk past and he is parked up. Its the cheeky comments that make me giggle. Of course its the passion, lust and affection that happens during the daytime that really matters. I refuse to turn like all his other Ex's into that person that sits across from the door or even stands on the door with her doorlad and keeps a watchful GEM eye on him and the girls walking past!! That just ruins things.

DG X

No comments:

Post a Comment