Monday 22 December 2008

Constant source of embarrassment.

Seemingly, that is what I am ?? !! I started seeing a really nice lad about 5months ago. I had known him for about a year and had a occasional friendship more over coffee than picking out new carpet together. He has a sweet heart, cheeky grin and a wicked personality that comes with a completely stunning body. Yes mr perfect?? Well perhaps??

I didn't know he was a doorman for a long time, I met him during his day job under unfortunate circumstances. Then I saw him out and about working one night out with the girls. We exchanged numbers and text each other over the space of months. Then we started seeing each other. We get on great but somehow I always seem to mess up and have no idea how !! Its no problem to me that he is a doorlad.... its only another job and although there is a lot of stereotypical nonsense that comes with it, he is still a real person and still has to pay the bills.

I have found myself plunged into a different world where there are rules on how to speak, how to dress and how to behave. I am intrigued on what this entails and although finding out the hard way, I am hoping that I can somehow "get it right" and not be a constant source of embarrassment. So anyone out there who has idea's or thoughts.... share!!


I am in trouble if I chat to the other doorlads. I am in trouble if I say to the other doorlads "dont talk to me cos I will get in trouble!" I am in trouble if I dont talk to the doorlads!! I am in trouble if I insinuate anything that could show my doorlad up or embarrass him!! I am cheeky, opinionated, quick, independent, strong willed and always banter back.... perhaps this is a bad thing??!! But my lad has said that this is what he likes in me. Although I have that side, I also have a softer, more girlier, compassionate side to me that hardly comes out unless we are alone. Do doormen want a trophy girl? Do doormen like a strong woman? These thoughts make my brain dizzy! 

DG X

3 comments:

  1. When my other-half once came to my door, she shouted 'hiiiiii snugglemonster' while I was rejecting an ugly chav. Since that incident if anybody dares 'snugglemonster to smoking area, no problem' on the radio, they do end up on toilet duty for the rest of the night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my preference on girls is irrelivant to the job, just like you wouldn't expect a refuge collector to expect a smelly girlfriend! My personal preference is a delicate girl, or one who can put away more beer than me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I dont think I could embarrass him with any personal names, they are private between us and only us know what they mean!! The other doorlads have their own delightful names for me... mrs, bitch, ass with class??!! "XXXX's piece" (hate that one!) the nice one, hot little fucker and so the lovely delightful list goes on!! hehe. Xx

    ReplyDelete